Classic Casual Kitchen in North Vancouver
A streamlined layout combined with sophisticated shaker cabinets created a kitchen that is utilizing every inch of space. The original kitchen had an awkward layout and did not allow for efficient cleaning, entertainment and storage. The kitchen was merged with the family room to create an open airy space with large island, extensive pantry and integrated fridge. The small window was enlarged to let in more light.
The objective was to let in more light and create an open space that would accommodate two chefs cooking without separating them from the guests.
- Let in more light
- Create a large, visually uncluttered open space
- Accommodate two chefs cooking at once
- Allow for casual and formal entertaining
- Large clearances and an island that can seat 4 people is ideal for entertaining
- Celling flush mount hood fan
- Large island with 2 pull-outs and 9 drawers
- Boiling water faucet, tea drawer and cups in one location create a beverage station
- Integrated fridge
- Extensive shallow pantry
- Extensive pantry was added to accommodate food storage and extra pots and pans that did not fit into the island
- The wall oven was placed below a separate counter to create a cooling station away from the main prep surfaces